Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

edle
Topic Author

Sea Devil is popular but not the Fearless. Why ?

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Sea Devil :D :D :D :D :D vs. Fearless :( :( :( :( :(

ITBVolks

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Not many out there.

Pretty simple. They cost a fortune. Money is tighter now. Not many have them so not much publicity.

PAW

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm

But top notch kites...yes Lam :thumbsup:
Account deleted !

Mark E Mark

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Yup - more expensive that many (if not all) other boutique kites - Even lam hasn't promoted the fearless much

ObijuanKenobe

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:30 pm

I have the feeling (whatever that's worth coming from me) that the Fearless is a less well-rounded flyer.

And, I think it doesn't help that the SD is already such a solid kite (tricks, precision, build quality) with a great reputation. I love Lam's kites, but because the SD has become home, I have almost zero interest.

Love Lam. Makes a damn fine piece of kit. (I love to use your word 'kit'.)

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

PAW

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 pm

I like the Fearless more...check this out :

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=BoRwiY8Bs ... re=channel
Account deleted !

PAW

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 pm

...and this one is my favorit Fearless Video and one that I watch a lot :

http://www.drageportal.dk/Video/VisVide ... ideoID=797
Account deleted !

ObijuanKenobe

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Well, the flat spins look good, that's for sure. And certainly the backspin cascade is easier than on the SD. :shock:

I'll just throw this out there: Although it's still not candy like on the Cosmic, the SD does a very sweet taz machine. So does the Nirvana.

:bong: I am fascinated by the way the multidimensional space of 'tricking' has been hollowed out by combined forces of explorational pilots and designers.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Sub

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:51 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
:bong: I am fascinated by the way the multidimensional space of 'tricking' has been hollowed out by combined forces of explorational pilots and designers.

:cool:

Mark E Mark

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:12 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:

Oh, you should post that in response to John Chilese on the GWTW forum - he seems to think that 'yank and spank' flying is a load of toss (I have interpreted a bit).

Miles F

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 pm

I thing the SD and for that matter all of Lam's kites deserve their reputation for build quality and performance, but I've never been able to stomach the cheesy (IMO) graphics.

I don't want a kite with a face on it (selling point for the 8-14yrs market granted) or something that resembles a garish tattoo (appealing to kiting bikers maybe?). I can't help feel they'd all have a far stronger following if Lam did a patterned or even plain single colour version.

Cue sh*t storm...... :lol:
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Miles F wrote:
I can't help feel they'd all have a far stronger following if Lam did a patterned or even plain single colour version.

I don't think your wrong.

Lex B

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 pm

@ Miles;
You have a point there, I might have bought one if not for the "face" on it.
Love to see Obi flying the SD, they kind of belong with/to each other.
remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.

PLEASE......NO TAILS ....

tpatters

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 pm

I for one really like the face/graphics. Particularly on the Fearless - very nice. IMO, these are not just kites, they are works of art. Best build quality that I have ever seen on a kite.

Aside from that, try one if you can. Even if you do not care for the applique, you will quickly get used to how well the kite flys. :)

I've done the reverse with the SD and Fearless. I started with the Fearless and am curious about the SD. Fearless is so sweet, however, that its likely to remain a curiosity for quite some time.

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I can understand why some people wouldn't like the eyes graphic - I love it though. Lam does make very nice kites.