26 (36%)
Holding with 3 fingers
9 (12%)
Jointed around the wrists
35 (48%)

Total votes: 73

Mark E Mark

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 am

Well, I don't seem to be able to vote but I use one finger (on each hand that is :)). In fact, I use those rather spiffy JoE two finger straps but only use one finger.......if Mark were to make the same thing but with one finger less that would be suuuuuper (hint,hint).

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Stan Doff wrote:
I had a BSA meteor super about thirty years ago ...

I had a Diana-25 (.22) about 45 years ago (15-up-man-ship! :lol: ) -- with the Diana spring replaced by an adapted BSA Meteor one, you could put a pellet through the side of a galvanised dustbin (at point blank range, only, but still....)

Timelord

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:14 pm

sftonkin wrote:
Stan Doff wrote:
I had a BSA meteor super about thirty years ago ...

I had a Diana-25 (.22) about 45 years ago (15-up-man-ship! :lol: ) -- with the Diana spring replaced by an adapted BSA Meteor one, you could put a pellet through the side of a galvanised dustbin (at point blank range, only, but still....)

My Theoben S-TYPE will make mince meat of all the above guns :cool:

Here it is below :D

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Big gun, small wi*^%[NO CARRIER]

Timelord

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:41 am

sftonkin wrote:
Big gun, small wi*^%[NO CARRIER]

Funny boy :lol: let's just say what ever I point it at is dead after I pull the trigger :shock: and with that comes great responsibility. Judging by your reaction I suggest you get a girlfriend with small hands next time round :lol:

Zippy8

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 am

Timelord wrote:
let's just say what ever I point it at is dead after I pull the trigger :shock:

Even if you point it at the ground ? :?

Mike.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 am

sftonkin wrote:
Big gun,....

Nah,it's only a .177

Zippy8

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:25 am

When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every single squirrel in the tree.

Mike.

Timelord

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Stan Doff wrote:
sftonkin wrote:
Big gun,....

Nah,it's only a .177

.177 caliber in the legal 12ft/lb is a far superior caliber to use as you have more accuracy and better range than your .22 cal.

If you are talking FAC (firearms certificate) power then the .22 would be the better choice when your reaching 30-40ft/lb

So your theory on .177 or .22 is completely in 12ft/lb rifles is completely misguided. The reason being that both calibers will be very effective at 30-40 yards. The .22 will have a little more shock factor but the .177 will penetrate more thus having the same effect on the rabbit ie DEAD :lol:

The caliber argument will be going on for years and if you need to split hairs then use .20 caliber.

IMHO .177 in legal poundage rifles is the best caliber for hunting and target shooting. I know this because I own all 3 of these calibers and the .177 is the most reliable gun to use out of the 3, because of the extra range and accuracy to produce humane and quick kills.

Even a rat deserves a swift humane death

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Timelord wrote:
Even a rat deserves a swift humane death

But not squirrels - after what they did to my roof I want a rifle with a heavy butt to beat them with :twisted:

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Timelord wrote:
.177 caliber in the legal 12ft/lb is a far superior caliber to use as you have more accuracy and better range than your .22 cal.

So your theory on .177 or .22 is completely in 12ft/lb rifles is completely misguided. The reason being that both calibers will be very effective at 30-40 yards. The .22 will have a little more shock factor but the .177 will penetrate more thus having the same effect on the rabbit ie DEAD :lol:

The caliber argument will be going on for years and if you need to split hairs then use .20 caliber.

...and if you want to split hares use an AK47,right?

My old BSA was a .22, though it may not be anymore for all I know as I sold it some years ago as it wasn't getting any use by me.
Why I chose .22 for what was essentially a 'plinking' toy is something long forgotten.I suppose the prevailing fashion was for that calibre,that particular weapon probably giving about 9 foot-pounds energy at the muzzle.

I do remember subsequent discussion about calibres but anything I had in printed form has been gone longer than the rifle.

Blownfuse

Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 am

Old thread resurrection, sorry guys/gals, but the wind is´nt nice today, and I´m bored half-way stupid. So I´m trawling the forums, for anything just a little interesting....

I have recently converted to fingerstraps, tried a homemade pair out, and liked it.
JoE Talon UL
MB Webbed Synthesis
AeroStar Stryke Fighter
What next...
Blue Moon MSE UL on the way
:-$

jad

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm

I use finger straps that are pretty much like the JOE one loop.

Mine started out as two seperate loops for first and middle finger. Problem was that about once an hour they'd slide off if I got to relaxed with them they'd fly off my fingers.. Droppping a line and running after it blows the whole kite flyer cool look- or would if there was a cool kite flyer look.

Had a few soft grey pairs I can't remember how or why.

When I saw the JOE straps I got out the straps and cut one loop off. They're my favorites. Pinky and ring fingers through the one loop.

I almost never throw away any kite stuff. Its like when you buy a UL and naturally the winds howl. Throw away something kite related and realize some use for it.

I broke a Rev 1 spar and left it in the bag for over 15 years. Got into Rev 1.5 and remembered the broken spar. It was a 4 wrap I wanted but didn't have in 1.5. Measured it and the clean break was at exactly the right 1.5 length. To the mm. Ferrurled it and have a center spar for ad hoc LE variations.

Just thought I'd throw that last bit in and do my part to derail this thread.

Mike,

Your new avatar is only the second (the fly was first )moving avatar I really like. Usually they annoy me.

Oops. Did it again.
JeffD