Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Sub
Topic Author

Insane

Sat May 24, 2008 1:45 am

May I ask what your pointers are for pulling out of an Insane?
I wait until the nose is just at 12 o clock and gently pull the slack out the opposite line. This seems to work but it's unreliable - why so?

Miles F

Sat May 24, 2008 9:42 am

I think this is probably a bit kite / wind dependant. In stronger winds the kite will almost always recover itself though older designs and lower aspect ratio kites tend to remain in a back float till they land. I think your Quantum and Sunrise fall into the latter.

I think the trick can be flown so the kite lands just so long as there are 3 revolutions?
One thing to whatch for is when the kite is recovering very close to the ground, a sudden snap to normal flying attitude mid window can punch the tips into the ground hard and can bust the lower spreaders.
Last edited by Miles F on Fri May 30, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

Sub
Topic Author

Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Miles F wrote:
One thing to whatch for is when the kite is recovering very close to the ground, a sudden snap to normal flying attitude mid window can punch the tips into the ground [url]hard[/url] and can bust the lower spreaders.

I've had some close ones before now, my heart stopped. Those are bendy things I tell ya!! :lol:

From the times it's worked for me, this isn't a sudden change in anything, it has a rhythm to it and rolls out of the rotation nice and smoothly. I think you've hit on that it's wind dependent because I find more success in slightly higher winds, so I will try to give the last exit a little more encouragement next time and mid window elevation, just in case ;)