Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

jimothy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:21 pm

Martin wrote:
i cannot comment on the rest of yer kites but the gemini is real difficult to stall in my opinion, but then it is the kind of kite you dont need to stall unless it is for the sake of stalling.

Exactly! this is partly why I can't stall, I guess - 'cos I learnt on my Gem, which never needed it.

As you have an E2 as well, maybe you can help me out. When I try to stall it, quite often the first motion pulls the kite onto it's back in a skewed turtle position. (This also happens with my Gemini) what am I doing wrong?

I know what I should be doing (have watched the Prism DVD over and over) but can't spot what I'm doing wrong.

What d'you reckon? Too fast? Too slow? Too hard? Too soft?

fearoffours

Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:50 pm

hm as a newbie, I would guess you are 'setting up' too much - giving too much slack to the line you are about to 'pop back'. This would cause it to go backwards at an angle... into a kinda skewed turtle in extreme cases.
Furio, Firestorm, Gemini, New Jam, Beetle

TeeCee

Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:40 am

How much slack are you throwing @ the kite? I had taken on Mark Reed's bent over/hands knee-high/arms thrown out after the pops stance when I wasn't getting it, and it really helped me.
TeeCee

Real time scoring... tell me you like it or don't like it; just don't tell me it can't be done!

jimothy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:25 am

Sounds like something out of The Karate Kid :P