Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Davey

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 am

Flapjack for me... :oops:
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Willy FS

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:01 am

Last trick I learned was a Jacobsladder.

Now is the Slotmachine my next thing to do.
Willy

"No matter how smart you are, you can always learn!" Tim Benson

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:25 am

S4 wrote:
I got that from Debray

Spooky. I saw that for the first time in Dieppe, which was also the first time that I saw The Debray fly. He really does have to be seen to be believed. Awesome.
randyg wrote:
RH Slot/Half Axel/LH Slot/Half Axel...repeat.

Nice. :thumbsup:
Jason.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Repeated flare to fade today,maybe four times on the trot,then one and a half flic-flacs.

O.K. I can't really say I've learnt them till I repeat 'em on another day.....and the wind on the beach today was right in the sweet spot.

StuartB

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:52 pm

randyg wrote:
Not sure if this qualifies as an actual trick (probably more of a combo) but I'm sortof hooked on what I've been calling a Slot Cascade.

RH Slot/Half Axel/LH Slot/Half Axel...repeat. It can be a dreamy sequence with an UL or SUL if you get it right.

I've been doing this to practice doing left and right hand slots on demand. I don't do them very close together though, which I assume is what you are doing. It sounds like something worth trying for its own sake.

randyg

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:17 am

StuartB wrote:
I've been doing this to practice doing left and right hand slots on demand. I don't do them very close together though, which I assume is what you are doing. It sounds like something worth trying for its own sake.

See the video link below. These are some attempts at VF8 that didn't cut it due to length and flying out of frame too much. :? So I put it together to show the trick-worthiness of the KFX WW. You'll see some of that combo in the first part of the video.

Krystal FX WW Video

The Next Up LW and WW are particularly adept at this move as well.
Randy
My Blog

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am

The SD can also do a nice "slot cascade". I love that combo, too. One of the few that I thought I had found myself...of course I didn't. Thanks guys.

jjayc
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

kaasplank

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:25 pm

For me it was a yofade. Now i got it about 8 out 10 time.

Pierre

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:45 am

Crazycopter!Last week two out of 10!Last weekend 5 out of 10!
Next weekend???

And also the yoyo multilazy.About 6 out of 10 times by the first ten times i tried!!

AL1

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Yo-Yo starting from the pointing upwards position (there is probably a technical term for this). Will try to crack them from the pointing down position next.

Any tips for mastering the flatspin 540 on a DS? Am ending up in a mess with them at them moment, probably due to lack of slack.

Cheers

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 pm

AL1 wrote:
Yo-Yo starting from the pointing upwards position (there is probably a technical term for this). Will try to crack them from the pointing down position next.

Any tips for mastering the flatspin 540 on a DS? Am ending up in a mess with them at them moment, probably due to lack of slack.

Cheers

Most likely slack, as you pointed out. Timing is important too. Even today I get caught in a tip-wrap if I try to do a super-flat 540. :D

The DS is supercharged in spin moves and can do 540s at a blistering pace, you may need to practice in really light winds when things are slower and more controlled, go easy on the input as it doesn't take much input to pull off a 540.

Mark

datenland
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:26 pm

It might be helpful trying with a different kite if you have one, probably something that you fly in lower wind. Concerning the slack: You already have to be on the move to give the kite room for turning before you give the actual pull for the rotation. For me it sounded a bit contradictory moving forward and pulling at the same time, but that worked. I actually tried to memorize the movement without a kite doing it in the hall or kitchen (and knocking things over during the process) -step with uneven flare - step with a yank - step. I learned it with the big XTS so your steps should be smaller... Works also for Slotmachines but right now I'm stuck with the same thing for Tazes.

- Erik
You can make your neighbours think that you have fluorescent lights in all the rooms in your house by quickly turning the lights on and off several times before leaving them on.

Aeri

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:21 am

and dont be afraid to walk towards the kite while doing it.... you dont need any wind once the kite is flat, all you need is one good flick and then slack.. as much as possible
Old school was a great school

AL1

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanks chaps.

The ones that I do get "right" end up with me having loads of slack, so at the end of it I am running backwards like nobody's business - not good if you are in a field full of rabbit holes :?

I think I need to find the middle ground between having too much, and not enough, slack

Great looking trick when done by somebody who knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:59 pm

The last trick I learnt was the Insane thanks Bryan for the expert tuition. All I need to do now is learn how to avoid the ground.

David Wilson
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.