Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Jieming
Topic Author

Stollen kites at Loch Lomond

Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:41 pm

This is my first post on this forum and I'm sorry it's not on a better subject.

During a recent family camping holiday near Loch Lomond I had my kite bag stollen. Inside were:

Tim Benson Outer Space - red, white and black
Tim Benson Gemini - Blue, white and black
Tim Benson Phantom - Blue and white
Prism vented Illusion - rainbow colours

And most importantly my daughters
Spirit if Air Giant Pink Flamingo

If anyone comes across these up for sale anywhere could they let me know?

On the plus side the insurance company has paid up so it'll be time to go shopping next week.

Many thanks

Jeremy

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Stollen kites at Loch Lomond

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Sorry to hear this, glad that the insurance came through tho.

Theres a (very slight) chance that the kites might end up Ebay and if they do there are ppl here who'll notice :wink:

Best replace the Flamingo first eh ?

-Frazer

Jieming
Topic Author

Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks for the support. Bit of a bummer really cause we spent the rest of the week on Skye and it was perfect winds and blue sky's!

On a side note: Superfly or Deep Space :roll:

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Jieming wrote:
On a side note: Superfly or Deep Space :roll:

SuperFly

timorohn

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 am

Sorry to hear this , you could also post on Facebook. Recovered my Benson AirBow that way. Good luck. Superfly or Deep space. Supernova!! :biggrin:

Jieming
Topic Author

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:35 pm

Red Supernova ordered today. Great service by TB and very very excited to getting it in 3 weeks.

timorohn

Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:01 pm

8) =D> Please let us all know your feelings on this New Kite. I`ve flown some of the prototypes.

Jieming
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 pm

So...... My Supernova arrived on Friday and completely unknown to me my wife had ordered a Superfly UL for my birthday as well!!! Massive surprise! What a wife eh!
Anyway today was the first flight day for both of them and wow things have moved on.
The supernova is an absolute delight to fly. Compared to my old Gemini it is so precise and does exactly what you ask of it. I'd read a few reviews and they talk about leaving the lines alone once you've started a trick and they're bang on. With the Gemini I had to have tension in both lines pretty much all the time but the Supernova just behaves itself.
Build quality is a thing of beauty and I'd have it on the wall if the wife would let me but never going to happen.
The Superfly UL is a lot more subdued but just lovely to fly. Because I wasn't expecting it I hadn't bought light enough lines so it wasn't given its best opportunity to shine. But I can see its going to be a bit more of a slow evolving love affair.
To conclude. I still miss my old Outer Space but these new kites are a world apart from what I'm used to. It's going to be a fun summer.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Jieming wrote:
So...... My Supernova arrived on Friday and completely unknown to me my wife had ordered a Superfly UL for my birthday as well!!! Massive surprise! What a wife eh!
Anyway today was the first flight day for both of them and wow things have moved on.
The supernova is an absolute delight to fly. Compared to my old Gemini it is so precise and does exactly what you ask of it. I'd read a few reviews and they talk about leaving the lines alone once you've started a trick and they're bang on. With the Gemini I had to have tension in both lines pretty much all the time but the Supernova just behaves itself.
Build quality is a thing of beauty and I'd have it on the wall if the wife would let me but never going to happen.
The Superfly UL is a lot more subdued but just lovely to fly. Because I wasn't expecting it I hadn't bought light enough lines so it wasn't given its best opportunity to shine. But I can see its going to be a bit more of a slow evolving love affair.
To conclude. I still miss my old Outer Space but these new kites are a world apart from what I'm used to. It's going to be a fun summer.

That nice, a happy ending :D

-Frazer