Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Floater
Topic Author

World freestyle competition

Sun May 01, 2016 12:30 pm

So your flying in the world freestyle championship competition, it's an all day event for one day only the wind is a gusty 4-20mph :badgrin: forecast to last all day
Rules are you can only use 1 kite all day. if repairs are needed the identical spec carbon or other must be used, the only modification allowed is to adjust the bridle. lines must remain as you started the day.

You will be performing basic to advanced patterns in the morning, to freestyle in the afternoon

Please name the kite and the lines you would use for such an event.

Thanks.
Brookite Typhoon, HQ Tramontana retro, HQ Maestro II PAW/ Steve C modded, Monster, Benson Deep Space custom.

Some of the gear, no idea.

711jrp

Re: World freestyle competition

Sun May 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Kosmic TC job done.......
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Hugo

30m Laser Prof Gold 90lbs

Palmahnic

Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 pm

That's an interesting way of asking the famous "what kite should I get" question... [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Thank you kindly,
Iftah.

Floater
Topic Author

Sun May 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Palmahnic wrote:
That's an interesting way of asking the famous "what kite should I get" question... [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

You got me.

It is though very targeted at the answer I was after. :D 8)
Brookite Typhoon, HQ Tramontana retro, HQ Maestro II PAW/ Steve C modded, Monster, Benson Deep Space custom.

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 01, 2016 11:43 pm

I think realistically you'd need 2 kites minimum, and for me it would be 3 (UL, STD, Vent).
Of course, I would lose, but that would not be down to my kite choice ;-)
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

timorohn

Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Cosmic TC vented every time. 100ft 100lb climax line.

Palmahnic

Mon May 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Floater wrote:
Palmahnic wrote:

You got me.

It's such a subjective question though... And also time limited, especially for the not so experienced ones, like myself. Currently I would say Sixth Sense pro, with Climax protec 50kg 30m. But I only know that many kites. Watching videos of other kites I can quite understand why someone would say Hugo, and another would say Deep Space UL, a third would say the Enigma half vent, without having tried those out myself. Let me propose a different take on the same question: What kite can teach me tricks best, and help me perform the nicest routines with ease...
Thank you kindly,
Iftah.

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon May 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Palmahnic wrote:
Let me propose a different take on the same question: What kite can teach me tricks best, and help me perform the nicest routines with ease...

sixth sense pro

:-D

Floater
Topic Author

Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Palmahnic wrote:
Floater wrote:
Palmahnic wrote:

You got me.

It's such a subjective question though... And also time limited, especially for the not so experienced ones, like myself. Currently I would say Sixth Sense pro, with Climax protec 50kg 30m. But I only know that many kites. Watching videos of other kites I can quite understand why someone would say Hugo, and another would say Deep Space UL, a third would say the Enigma half vent, without having tried those out myself. Let me propose a different take on the same question: What kite can teach me tricks best, and help me perform the nicest routines with ease...

I have a very good selection now, but I aspire to the best for me and that mean,s a list of kites that I can investigate, propergated by the people that are capable of extracting such performance from those selected kites. My question was targeted exactly at the flying conditions that we have had here in Cornwall for months.

My ability now is no indicator of my ability or my potential ability to fly these kites in the near or far future.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 03, 2016 5:27 pm

711jrp wrote:
Kosmic TC job done.......

I'll second this

Hugo is great ... but at the top end of your 4-20 range its pull will be considerable ... if not downright alarming.

-Frazer

timorohn

Wed May 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Tim Benson/Chris Goff SuperFly. As flown, tested and produced in Cornwell.