Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

honchoboy
Topic Author

Advice needed with Crazy Copters

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 am

The crazy copter has become this years bane of life for me :(

Been trying unsuccessfully to get the nose to come under but all I am getting is the kite to dip and then bounce back into a yoyo. I have been trying it on the Sixth Sense, which can do it as there is video evidence on the net. I have watched the tutorials to my eyes have bled. Been trying it top and middle of the window.

I'm certain its not a slack thing, due to the kite dipping forward, then rolling up into the yoyo, even then going into a turtle. My thinking is this requires more slack than what is needed for the crazy copter.

My inkling is that either I am tipping it back too much before popping, or my pop is just not snappy enough to bring the nose under horizontal.

Any pointers would be greatly received.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

jaydub

Re: Advice needed with Crazy Copters

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:41 pm

I can't do the CC either, but mostly because I can't get the kite to consistently go nose down sufficiently and when it does I'm so surprised I pull it back before it goes round far enough by not giving enough slack.

Bringing the nose down is a bit kite dependent, but give the kite some quick slack and a short sharp snap to bring the kite forward. After that it's more slack management than I can manage!!

I'm crap at Wap-do Waps as well, but at least I've landed some of them.

Martin Madsen's tutorial for the CC makes it look dead easy. It's just my ineptitude that's getting in the way! ;)

711jrp

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

I find walking towards the kite all the way through the trick helps quite a bit.

(that felt strange talking about a kite trick, haven't done that in years)
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Palmahnic

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Can't get the CC on my SS either. Wap do waps are more accessible.
Thank you kindly,
Iftah.