Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

SkyRags
Topic Author

SF "floaty" after a single Yoyo

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Every time I do a yoyo - I find I have to gently jiggle the lines to tighten the wrap and control the kite

Otherwise, the kite stalls a little in a front flip position - looking all floaty - and if I tug too hard the kite unwraps

What do I need to refine to ensure I get a proper tight wrap so I can initiate multiwraps?
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL

Infinitive

Re: SF "floaty" after a single Yoyo

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:30 pm

SkyRags wrote:
Every time I do a yoyo - I find I have to gently jiggle the lines to tighten the wrap and control the kite.

The SF isn't the greatest kite to fly wrapped. That is just the way it is.

SkyRags wrote:
What do I need to refine to ensure I get a proper tight wrap so I can initiate multiwraps?

As long as the kite is level and you hit the stops, don't worry about how tight the wrap is. Don't let the kite lose momentum. Chris shows how it is done here http://vimeo.com/83173588 at around 1.10: large but precise slack-giving. Practicing multi-wraps is difficult because failure usually means a horrible tip-wrap super tangle: Zen-like tolerance of the walk-of-shame is helpful. As I am sure you've found out!
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

SkyRags
Topic Author

Re: SF "floaty" after a single Yoyo

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:13 am

Infinitive wrote:
SkyRags wrote:
Every time I do a yoyo - I find I have to gently jiggle the lines to tighten the wrap and control the kite.

The SF isn't the greatest kite to fly wrapped. That is just the way it is.

SkyRags wrote:

As long as the kite is level and you hit the stops, don't worry about how tight the wrap is. Don't let the kite lose momentum. Chris shows how it is done here http://vimeo.com/83173588 at around 1.10: large but precise slack-giving. Practicing multi-wraps is difficult because failure usually means a horrible tip-wrap super tangle: Zen-like tolerance of the walk-of-shame is helpful. As I am sure you've found out!

Ah cheers for this - it helps to know the SF isn't too good in a wrap

I've seen Chris in this vid but thought this might be for the UL SF...I'll give it a go
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL