Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

SkyRags
Topic Author

Re: Backspin the Fly

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:12 am

Well what I find works is when I pull the kite into a fade from the ground...when I tug the kite, nearly every time the kite does a decent backspin

However, when I try the same motion while the kite is in the fade (but high up) and try a similar move, the kite flips out

BUT, I know the issue, it's all about slack

The fade launch has me closer to the kite so I can catch the fade properly, thus when I start the BS motion, there's more slack involved than when I'm in the air....

Practice, practice, practice
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL

SkyRags
Topic Author

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:10 am

FINALLY

FINALLY

FINALLY

I've Hit the backspin consistently now getting multiple rotations

I simply had to give it a good tug with lots of slack and TRUST the kite to rotate

I will consider this a milestone :) - next up Backspin Cascade

Infinitive

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Excellent, well done - getting backspins is a great feeling, not only because it's a neat, versatile trick, but also because it is an important building block for combos - not least the ever-funky jacobs ladder.

Look forward to your thread on BS cascades! (Though, I'd personally go for JLs first... there is more going in a BS cascade than meets the eye. But don't let me stop you, carry on on your quest for backspin mastery.)
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

SkyRags
Topic Author

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 am

Infinitive wrote:
Excellent, well done - getting backspins is a great feeling, not only because it's a neat, versatile trick, but also because it is an important building block for combos - not least the ever-funky jacobs ladder.

Look forward to your thread on BS cascades! (Though, I'd personally go for JLs first... there is more going in a BS cascade than meets the eye. But don't let me stop you, carry on on your quest for backspin mastery.)

I can do JL's from an Axel 2 Fade entry (fractured axel??) but more easily from a turtle start

The backspins are getting more and more easy - once the first gets round - you can just feel the motion and easily continue rotations. The kite gives very clear feedback with this particular trick I find

SkyRags
Topic Author

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:23 am

The first post of this thread was nearly 5 months ago...

Lol