Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

SkyRags
Topic Author

Re-Learning

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 am

So after I received the replacement LLE from Tim and fixed my SuperFly - I felt a little scared to take it back out - lol

Then my JoE UL Talon turned up today and the weather was perfect - so took them both to the beach

After a couple crashes with the SF I felt much relieved that nothing unexpected happened - PHEW!!

HOWEVER

The SF and the Talon - are SOOOO different to what I've learned on...it's crazy

It was really hard to pull off a fade with the SF where it's been so easy with my Charisma

The control is sooo different

Dont even get me started on the UL - cos it's my very first UL and that handles even more differently lol

So

I'm gonna be very very busy - re-learning on my new kites

Some positives however - it definitely "feels" easier (more responsive) performance wise- JL practice was tighter, yoyos and backflips were easy (like...TOO easy....so easy to multiwrap)

Although I didn't pull off a successful 540...I was able to initiate it a LOT easier

Should be no problem getting to the next level :)
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL

SparkieRob

Re: Re-Learning

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm

This keeps pushing me on, thanks.

SkyRags
Topic Author

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:52 am

Oh...and if there's ONE thing I was able to do on the SF that I've done once but cant recall ever doing again on my other kite- it was a dead launch. Was the ONLY ground recover i could never get - That's gonna REALLY gonna reduce my walks of shame lol!

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 am

SkyRags wrote:
Oh...and if there's ONE thing I was able to do on the SF that I've done once but cant recall ever doing again on my other kite- it was a dead launch. Was the ONLY ground recover i could never get - That's gonna REALLY gonna reduce my walks of shame lol!

Dead launching ... hmm ... won't be long before your next repair

-Frazer

SkyRags
Topic Author

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:38 am

fworley wrote:
SkyRags wrote:

Dead launching ... hmm ... won't be long before your next repair

-Frazer

Hahaha!

Ok - message received! Lets try and avoid that ground position altogether...I did wonder about that manuveur...