Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

pink
Topic Author

Lazy Susan

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Im finding very hard to fly off after lazy suzan, kite sits on his back so deeply that i have to drop it down to the ground to flay up again, is there any trick i could learn to do after lazy suzan, that will also help me to easily get kite up and fly off???
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/

Ara Ararauna

Re: Lazy Susan

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 pm

pink wrote:
Im finding very hard to fly off after lazy suzan, kite sits on his back so deeply that i have to drop it down to the ground to flay up again, is there any trick i could learn to do after lazy suzan, that will also help me to easily get kite up and fly off???

My problem is rather entering the Lazy Suzan and not getting a tip wrap when rotating.

However, if I manage to get all of that right, then to fly off I just have to pull hard on both lines and the kite will pop out of the turtle position and get back to normal flying.
Just a hard and sudden pull on both lines at the same time.

Cheers.
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Lazy Susan

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 am

Do another half rotation so the nose is toward you, lines under the kite then pull both to flip it over. Alternatively gentle pop on both to roll up (like a 2 pop roll up) and fly away from that. Sometimes just pulling one line a bit more to angle the kite will help when pulling straight out of a turtle.