Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Tazes .... kites, techniques and thoughts

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I know I know another thread about tazes. I have trouble tazing certain kites and I wondered if anyone else had the same issues. :oops:

I have trouble consistently tazing the seven and the akuji and am not sure what I am doing wrong. I taz most other kites but wonder if there is a knack with certain kites. Could anyone commet on these two with regards to:-

1. The amount of very slight tension on the lower wing before initiating the first pull on the top wing for both.

2. The relative strength of the first and second inputs on these.

3. The time before executing the second input.

4. Any modifications to increase a kites success at the taz.

I appreciate this isn't a mathmentical equation and you have to feel what the kite is doing. I also appreciate that ther taz is quite kite specific but wonder if I am missing anything. I do feel that certain kites are better than others for tazes for various reasons ..... the shape of the sail, the bridle set up, weight distribution all come into play.

I would appreciate any help or thoughts on these or other similar kites :cool:

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Tazes .... kites, techniques and thoughts

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 pm

's ever so much a generalisation, but pitch happy and high A/R kites with wide bridles generally - like those 2, and Talons, DS's and such do need a slightly different Taz technique to a more Neutral Poly...

Try actually turning down off'v the horizontal before initiating the 1/2 axel input - then wait a bit - then hit (sweep) the rotation when it's long past flat.

Bryan

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Bryan, Thanks for responding. What do you mean by this:-

Try actually turning down off'v the horizontal before initiating the 1/2 axel input

Thanks H :cool:

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 am

buy a Veyron :)

I've also never tazzed my Seven or DS...

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Flying horizontal right to left... pull the left hand a touch first (left turn - downwards) then hit the right hand half axel input... wait... then sweep the left hand 540 rotation. Make sense?

Bryan

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:06 pm

That's my current technique and it works on a lot of kites very well .... I will charge the timing again and see if can up my conversion rate with the seven and akuji .... Thanks :cool:

juedden

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I have some kites that makes the TAZ much easier if you fly into the wind window, bacause they have mor speed for roatation. It can help to if you speed up the kite right befor doing the TAZ.

Jürgen